May 2, 2011

Letter from Gloria - Grace Community Church

The Following is a copy of a letter emailed to us shortly after appearing at The Karitos Christian Arts Festival 2003, Judson College, Elgin, Illinois. 
 
Dear Christian Knight Comics, 

This past weekend I purchased from you one of your Christian Superhero Comic Magazine books and Christian Knight Comics Coloring Kit, the set of the coloring pages and crayons for my 8 year old and 4 year old grandsons. This was at the Karitos Christian Arts Festival '03 in Elgin at Judson College. I gave the comic book and coloring pages to my grandsons on Sunday. I was talking to my daughter Shawn today and asked if Jordan (the 8 year-old) had read his comic yet and she said "No. It's on the dining room table but he's busy playing outside with his friends". I had told Jordan that he could read it to his little brother Dakota. But Shawn said Dakota loved the coloring pages and crayons and spent a lot of time coloring 4 of them and they put them over his bed in his room. 

Now, allow me to give you some background on Dakota. For a long time, he has woke up at night with nightmares about a horse that was chasing him and he would get in bed with his parents about 3 in the morning. About 10 months ago he told me when I was watching him that the horsy scared him. So I asked "What horsy, Kota?" He points to the wooden horse that has always been above his bed. I told Shawn and she immediately took it down but Kota still was having nightmares so this eventually led to his not even wanting to sleep in his own bed and going to bed with his parents. Which is not a good thing. 

After Kota colored his Christian Superhero pages, Shawn put them above his bed to protect him and last night he went to sleep in his own bed and slept all night there!!!! Needless to say, Shawn and her husband Joel, were thrilled and Kota was so proud! This was all due to you guys and your wonderful ministry of Christian comics! And all for a little 4 year old who can't even read---yet the anointing on your work and ministry has blessed my grandson and brought peace to him. 

I just want to say "Thank you" and encourage you in this ministry. It is vital and it is one that reaches even the small ones. I pray the Lord bless you both abundantly and I want to get some more of your comics when I can for my grandsons. I just wanted to tell you this testimony to encourage you all. 

Thank You!!! 

-Gloria, 
Grace Community Church
July 22, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment